Why you need evergreen content
- It positively influences your search rankings. Remember that these are determined by a very complicated algorithm that looks at, amongst other things, how much expired content your site has that hasn’t been viewed in recent history. Evergreen content will help keep your blog fresh and top of mind.
- It keeps working for you long after it’s published. You may have published an article in 2015 but if it has the right keywords that people are searching for, it will continue to be discovered every day. That’s why it’s worth investing in quality content, enlisting the services of a professional digital content agency, like Kri8it, if required.
- It drives traffic to your website: Evergreen content typically achieves high ranking positions in search engines, which means it gets found more and brings more visitors to your website.
Making the most of SEO keywords
Ideas for evergreen content
- Listicles: 10 ways to do this, 5 most important tips to do that.
- User guides: Provide useful content explaining exactly how your product works.
- Interviews: Showcase key members of staff or achievements in a Q&A format.
- Best of: Do an end-of-year roundup of your best-selling products or favourite tools that your business uses.
- Case studies: Feature a successful client story.
- Checklists: To help a customer prepare for a certain time of year or event, e.g. back to school or packing for the holidays.
- Tutorials or beginner’s guides.